The funding will be used to seed the establishment of a survivor advocacy within the peak, by funding paid employment roles for survivor advocates (women with lived experience of family violence), who will use their lived experience to inform the design, delivery, and evaluation of responses to FV and contribute to public conversations about FV including community awareness raising and media representation. This project will enable the peak to scale the work currently underway with the implementation of the Family Violence Experts by Experience Framework, that will embed the lived experience of victim survivors into every area of our work as the peak body for specialist family violence services in Victoria. The funding will resource:
• Five survivor advocate consultant positions x 0.4 FTE for 12 months
• One project coordinator and peer support worker x 0.5 FTE for 12 months
• The development and delivery of peer led survivor advocacy training and intentional peer support
• The development of a corporate FV awareness raising campaign, Are You Safe At Home?, including workplace awareness raising events and a workplace champions program.
• Provision of support and coaching focused on professional development, FV recovery and financial capability building.