Stigma, suspicion and a lack of support. That’s our view on why only 10% of sexual assaults are reported. As a result, sexual assault victims are grossly under-represented and do not receive the social or judicial validation that they deserve. While systemic reform is slow-moving, and consent education will be mandated for the next generation, With You We Can is fighting for victims now, by empowering victims to fight for each other. If we normalise understanding of reporting, we change outcomes for victims everywhere.
With us you can share your story. With You We Can change the narrative.
- Victims of sexual violence are empowered
- Stigma around sexual assault decreases
- Bystander behaviour decreases
- Understanding of the criminal justice process increases
- Understanding of victimhood increases
- Understanding of the extent of the crime increases
- Resources allocated to the sexual violence sector increase
- Systemic reform to improve outcomes for victims of sexual violence
- Systemic reform to improve primary prevention
= Systemic cohesion among service providers
- Track subscriptions
- Track views
- Track victims who progress through the system
- Track publicity
- Track feedback and response
- Track organisation/service input
With You We Can is a victim-led network bridging gaps between victims of sexual assault and the police and legal processes, with the goal of demystifying the process of reporting sexual violence while we work to improve it. Uniquely informed by both sector and lived expertise, we want victims for whom it is safe to report to be empowered to do so.