Terms & Conditions
This policy of Terms and Conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”) sets out the terms by which you may access and use https://www.aiiw.org.au (“Website”).
Australians Investing In Women (“AIIW”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”) own and run the Website to give you (“You”, “Your” and “User”) the opportunity to access organisations, services and other people aiming to advance the cause, rights and welfare of women and girls (“Website Purpose”).
In addition to these Terms and Conditions, AIIW recommends that:
(b) Funders participating in the Project Showcase read the Funders Guidelines; and
(c) Organisations participating in the Project Showcase read the Participating Organisations Guidelines.
1. Nature of these Terms and Conditions
By using the Website, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding legal agreement between You and Us in respect of Your use of the Website. If You do not accept these Terms and Conditions, You must refrain from using the Website.
2. Use of the Website
You will use the Website for non-commercial purposes only and in accordance with the Website Purpose. Particularly, in using the Website, You agree not to:
(a) partake in any activity that disrupts (or has the potential to disrupt) AIIW’s ability to facilitate and operate the Website;
(b) partake in any activity which obstructs any other users’ ability to use the Website;
(c) use the Website to collect Details or any other information about any other user to send them any communication, unless that user has previously expressly agreed to receiving that communication;
(d) utilise automated scripts in order to gather data, or post, transmit, upload, share, store or otherwise make accessible any content, to disrupt or affect the ability of the Website or any hardware, to properly function;
(e) post, transmit, upload, share, store or otherwise make accessible any content that affects any other users’ use of the Website; and
(f) use the Website in any other way that may impair the Website or the reputation of AIIW.
3. Registration to AIIW’s mailing list
Users are given the option to join our mailing list by registering contact details on the Website. You agree to provide us with true and accurate details. If You provide any details that are false, inaccurate or inappropriate, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any of your details are false, inaccurate or inappropriate, we have the right to delete your details and to take any other action that it reasonably determines to be appropriate.
5. Project Showcase
AIIW aims to give Users the opportunity to engage with others and bring their attention to projects dealing with women’s and girls’ issues, through the Project Showcase (“Project Showcase”).
The Project Showcase allows organisations (“Participating Organisations”) to request AIIW to post to the Website details of projects that they oversee that benefit women and girls (“Project”). Users may then navigate the different Projects listed on the Website and, at their own discretion, take action to involve themselves with Projects.
6. Participating Organisations
In order to have a Project posted to the Website, Participating Organisations must complete the “Register Project” page on the Website. To complete the “Register Project” page, Participating Organisations must provide AIIW with information in a number of required fields. Registration of a Project cannot proceed unless all required fields are completed. Any and all details that a Participating Organisation submits via the “Register Project” page, be it required or elective information, is known as “Project Material”.
Once a Participating Organisation has submitted Project Material to AIIW, we will then review the Project Material to determine, in our absolute discretion, whether to post the Project Material to the Website. This review process may take up to 21 days, and AIIW is unable to provide an update to Participating Organisations on the status of submitted Project Material. It is the sole responsibility of a Participating Organisation to re-submit Project Material in respect of each Project it wishes to update.
In submitting Project Material, Participating Organisations agree to provide AIIW with true and accurate details and to promptly update Project Material by emailing email@example.com. If a Participating Organisation provides any Project Material that is false, inaccurate or inappropriate, or if AIIW has reasonable grounds to suspect that any of the details are false, inaccurate or inappropriate, AIIW has the right to delete any Project Material from the Website, remove references to the Project from the Website and to take any other action that it reasonably determines to be appropriate.
Participating Organisations agree and warrant not to submit Project Material that is illegal; defamatory; pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit; discriminatory to any race, ethnic group, religion, or sect; discriminatory or offensive to the disabled or any physically, socially or economically disadvantaged sector of the community; discriminatory against any persons of a particular gender or sexual persuasion; discriminatory against any professional or trade group; offensive, or derogatory to any person or persons; misleading; deceptive; inaccurate; likely to in any way interfere with or harm the business or rights of any person or entity or to interfere in any way with the natural course of business or individual rights; breaches copyright or other intellectual property rights; or will be contrary to the terms of any binding confidentiality or other agreement nor breach the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or equivalent or any other laws or legal requirement.
7. Projects and Project Material
Participating Organisations are legally responsible for all Project Details and any and all Projects connected to them. AIIW is not responsible for any Project nor its Project Details. Any link to the website of a Project is clicked on entirely at your own risk. We strongly encourage Funders to carry out their own due diligence before involving themselves or donating funds to any Participating Organisation, or otherwise in respect of any Project.
8. Intellectual Property
All material contained on the Website (including but not limited to photos, text, visual and audiovisual works), the design of the Website, the appearance of the Website and the layout of the Website (together, the “Website Aspects”) is owned by or licensed to AIIW (unless otherwise acknowledged on the Website) and protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and other countries. All modifications and improvements of the Website and the Website Aspects will be owned by AIIW.
Except as necessary for the use of the Website on Your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, a Website Aspect may not be used, adapted, reproduced, uploaded to a third party site, framed, linked to, published, transmitted or distributed in any way without AIIW’s prior written consent.
9. Third Party Sites and Advertisements
The Website may contain links to other websites which are not maintained or controlled by AIIW, including websites of our principal partners and websites of Participating Organisations (“Third Party Sites”). Third Party Sites are not part of the Website and we provide links to them for Your convenience. Women Donors makes no representations or warranties about any Third Party Site, and does not endorse, nor does it accept any responsibility for, the content or use of any Third Party Site.
10. No Warranties
Except to the extent that the law implies warranties into these Terms and Conditions (“Implied Warranties”), all conditions, warranties and other provisions which might have been implied into these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to the Website or AIIW, are excluded.
AIIW’a liability and responsibility is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, resulting from Your or any other users Registration Details or use of the Website.
You agree to indemnify and hold AIIW, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates harmless from all claims, demands, loss, damages, costs, penalties, liabilities or expenses (including legal fees) made against AIIW by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with Your use of the Website or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
12. Modification of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part from time to time without providing notice to You. Any amendments made to these Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon our posting them to the Website. Your continued use of the Website represents Your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions.
13. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or Your actual state or country of residence.
If You have any questions, comments or concerns about these Terms and Conditions, please contact the AIIW CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Showcase Guidelines
FOR PARTICIPATING ORGANISATIONS:
- The aim of this Project Showcase is to illustrate projects that invest in, or benefit women and girls.
- Participation in the Project Showcase is governed by the AIIW website Terms and Conditions of Use. Prior to participating in the Project Showcase, Participating Organisations should read our Terms and Conditions.
- Any organisation, in Australia or abroad, may register a project (“Project”), and there is no limit to the number of Projects one organisation can register (“Participating Organisation”).
- There are required fields on the registration form. If you cannot answer these required fields, the registration of the Project cannot proceed.
- Participating Organisations are also given the opportunity to submit photographs in relation to a Project. Project photographs must not depict any offensive images (nudity, violence etc). If a Project registration does contain inappropriate photography or language, the Project will not be added.
- AIIW will review and approve Projects at its own discretion. Inclusion is not automatic nor guaranteed. The approval process may between 14-30 days. Participating Organisations will be notified of the status of Project registration. AIIW also reserves the right to remove Projects, without notice.
- If you need your project amended or removed from the Project Showcase, please email email@example.com
- It is the Participating Organisation’s responsibility to ensure information accuracy.
FOR POTENTIAL FUNDERS:
- The aim of this Project Showcase is to illustrate projects that invest in women and girls.
- Participation in the Project Showcase is governed by the AIIW website Terms and Conditions of Use. Prior to participating in the Project Showcase, Potential Funders should read our Terms and Conditions.
- AIIW encourages all potential Funders to complete their own due diligence.
- The information posted on this Project Showcase does not necessarily reflect the views of AIIW.
- AIIW does not take responsibility for any actions taken by, or losses suffered by, any person on the basis of, or in reliance upon, any information on this Project Showcase, nor any omission or error.
- Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org